Moc Chau is a big plateau of Son La province, Where is famous for poetic nature, big cow flocks are reared by giant and endless grass steppes.
There are many ways to travel Moc Chau plateau, however the best way is travel by motorbike. You can freely explore immense grass fields in the foot of mountain, endless hills of tea, yellow fields of kale and Da Quy flower.
Another way, you may get to Moc Chau by bus from Hanoi city then rent a motorbike. However personally, I prefer to travel by motorbike from Hanoi, because on the road, there are many beautiful views. Following is some my travel experiences and tips in Moc Chau.
** If you’re wanting to book a hotel, you can help me to maintain this blog and keep sharing more by booking the hotel at here, on Agoda. (Why’s that? I will be shared a commission of few dollars for each booking and I can use this commission to maintain the blog). I’m very grateful for that!
Parts of the article:
Moc Chau plateau in Son La – Vietnam – Things to do in Moc Chau for 3 days
Best time to travel Moc Chau plateau
Moc Chau has 2 main tourist seasons: Autumn-Winter (late Oct to Jan), this time has flowers of kale and Da Quy. Spring, Feb and Mar, has flowers of cherry and damson, damson flower in Moc Chau is pure white, more beautiful a lot than other lands.
How to get to Moc Chau fromHanoi
Like I mentioned above, there are 2 main ways to get Moc Chau from Hanoi:
1. By motorbike
From Hanoi, you go along 6-highway, if you like a little of adventure, you should go along Old 6-highway. The road is a little bad and difficult to go but very beautiful view, the road run after Da river, you will see few beautiful waterfalls and Hoa Binh lake of hydroelectricity, a famous place in Vietnam.
Old 6-highway also takes you pass many villages of H’Mong ethnic and very beautiful flower gardens of cherry and damson (in spring).
Moc Chau plateau in Kale flowers season
Travelling Moc Chau by motorbike, you should spend 3 days. First day, on thejourney to Moc Chau, visit and overnight in Mai Chau (Mai Châu, a town of Hoa Binh province). Second day, continue going to and explore Moc Chau. Third day, return Hanoi and visit some attractions on the returning.
Read more: Mai Chau valley travel guide
2. By bus
Distance between Hanoi-Moc Chau is 190km (about 120 miles), take about 4-5 hours. There are many bus trips in 1 day, most of them start from My Dinh bus station. A small note, all buses go to Son La and Dien Bien always pass Moc Chau town.
– 2 reputed bus firms (bed car) that you may consult (start from My Dinh bus station): Khanh Thu bus +84947.869 168 and Bac Son bus +8422.355.1559
Cherry flowers season
Hotels and Motel in Moc Chau
There are 2 areas in Moc Chau town having many hotels and motels: New Farm Town and Old Farm Town . Prices from $10 to $15 / room, have fully basic comforts. Some hotels that you may consult:
1. Sao Xanh hotel is new hotel so good rooms, however, it’s far from town center. Address: On Nguyen Luong Bang street. Phone: +8422.3789.999 or +8422.3868.979
2. Trade Union hotel, 273 Le Thanh Nghi street – Phieng Luong, in the town center. Tel: +8422.3869.047
3. The Anh motel is opposite Trade Union hotel. Tel: +84223. 869.059 or +84979.869.059 or +84937. 869.059.
4. Addtion, Rung Thong Ban Ang floor-house (a type of house of Thai ethnic) is very favorite. $3/person, the householder serve foods, they have fully dishes of Thai ethnic, quite tasty. However, there is no warm water to bath. Add: Ang 2 Village – Dong Sang – Moc Chau. Tel: +84169.9132.380 or +841649.5048.96
A Floor-house of Thai ethnic
5. Mr. Thanh, $3/person, +84123.918.2448, you can also rent motorbike at here.
6. Mrs. Huong, +84912.351.186
7. Moc Chau Moc Homestay Mr Hai: 0976 066 867
Rent motorbike in Moc Chau
Most of hotels and homestays lease motorbike with average price is $10/motorbike/day, if not, you may contact:
Mrs. Hoa, Phone: +84127.7009.909
Mr. Thanh: +84123.918.2448
Mrs. Nhung: on the road to Ban Ang, phone: +84223.866.690
Mrs Duyen: 01636 828 666
Moc Chau has very beautiful road passing tea hills, where you can only explore by motorbike
There are not many choices, you may eat at popular restaurant in the town. However,best restaurants is outside the town. Restaurants 64 and 70 located on 6-highway, 5km from town center, you may eat at here before entering the town. A restaurant where has tasty dish Be Chao is Quang Bac restaurant, add: on 6-highway – TK 40 , Phone: +8422.3869.004
If you travel with big group (about 6 members), you may eat at:
– Lan Hong 64 restaurant on 6-highway, subregional Chieng Di – Nong Truong Moc Chau town. With $6, you may enjoy comfortably dishes of Thai ethnic.
– Chicken hot pot in Trung Hieu restaurant on Tran Huy Lieu street. The hot pot is very cheap, just less than $30/table for 6 person. The owner is extreme enthusiastic. If you want, he can organize for you a campfire with dancer girls of Thai ethnic, with $60.
Attractions in Moc Chau
You shoud rent a motorbike to go more, visit more, watch more, play more and photo more.
1. Ba Phach village (bản Ba Phách). There are 2 roads. the roads will be very difficult to move if rain. 2 sides of road have many beautiful cherry flowers.
Heart-shaped tea hill – a ideal place to photo
2. Pa Kha village (bản Pà Khà) and Long Luong (bản Lóng Luông) villages are close to 6-highway, on the road from Hanoi to Moc Chau, you will pass these villages. These are 2 H’Mong ethnic where have many beautiful flower gardens of damson.
3. Ngu Dong Ban On (Ngũ Động bản Ôn) is a forest having many caves, you will have to park and trek about 3km to visit the caves. On the road to Ngu Dong Ban On, you should visit heart-shaped tea hill.
4. Dai Yem waterfall (Thác Dải Yếm) located on road to Song Lap border gate. The waterfall is very beautiful in rain season.
Note: The above article reprinted at the website or other media sources not specify the source https://mocchautourism.com is copyright infringement